Monday, August 12, 2013

Nyob Zoo!



Hello dear family,
Well this week has been great and full of fun and hard work! One thing I have come to know on my mission is that I'm really a calm person who doesn't really stress that much, there have been a couple Elders that are really hard working....but they have no fun in the work! They work and work and work and that's it. I tell them, "hey you have to have fun once in a while or you're going to hate it down the road". I think I'm really good at helping people be able to work hard but have fun at the same time. We took some great pictures and just had a great time as we did missionary work.
 
So this week I had the coolest experience, one that I will never forget. I had the privilege of interviewing Charlie for baptism and one other person. It was just such a spiritual experience that i will never forget. She has so much integrity and courage.... her parents do not agree with her baptism, her father is really mad because he wants her to not go to church and to just stay shaman, but she knows it is true and has such great faith. We had a very spiritual conversation, one that has left footprints upon my heart.  I have the privilege of conferring the Holy Ghost upon her after she is baptized so I'm grateful to have had this time to know Charlie and to help her come unto Christ, even though I'm not the Elders that are teaching her at the moment I feel so happy for her.
  
The other interview was a young man who has been learning for 8 or 9 months and has had a hard time overcoming some Word of Wisdom issues, but the interview I had with him really opened my eyes to the Spirit as we were interviewing and asking him questions and testifying all he could say is..."I'm so happy, I feel the Spirit so strong right now... look I have goosebumps"! he had goosebumps the whole time :) I just was so grateful to know that the Spirit was working through me, through both of the interviews, but also working through them to teach me.
  
We have 4 people preparing for baptism at the moment... the mother and her two daughters came to church 3 times in a row now so we are super pumped for them and also Hailea, he is 21 and I have been teaching him my whole mission but he is doing so well! He is going to be baptized in October. It's awesome to see people who I have been working with my whole mission finally come unto Christ.

This Wednesday we are going to the Twins game and we are all excited for that because a new hmong Elder comes that same day! So he will have a good first day in the mission!! :) He comes a week before transfers because transfer dates here are off from the MTC? Next week is transfers and then I'm down to only 2 left..... its crazy! I don't know whats going to happen next transfer but I hope I stay in Frogtown the rest of my mission.....I love it here.
  
Just a shout out to Gma Hunt for her birthday last Thursday! Happy Birthday Grandma.... oh hey you have the same birthday as Charlie as well ha ha cool! 

I'm so grateful for all your support and love. I love you all and keep on pressing forward.

              Love,
                      Elder Crandall



No comments:

Post a Comment