Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tender Mercies

So its kinda ironic that my last letter was about the tender mercies of the Lord.. because I have definitely seen them this week. 

First things first, this week we had many wonderful and great people that we went and taught. We taught these two young kids who's father is an inactive member and he wants them to be baptized but he doesn't want to come back to church due to family opposition and cultural practices. It is hard, the kids really want to but it is a little risky baptizing them because they come to church by themselves. There is a boy who is 11 and a girl who is 10 so it's sad they have no family support at church. But the branch does well with it, its just a bit risky but there doing very well.
So the miracle which we have experienced this week was this Saturday there was a baptism for a young man in the branch, and we have been trying to teach a recent converts mom and so we asked her to invite or bring her mom to the baptism, but her mom said that she couldn't because she had to help out one of her daughters do a service project and so we were invited to do it with them and we accepted and planned to do service with them after the baptism. So about 10 minutes past after that conversation and she texted back and said, "hey I have a co-worker that really wants to know about the church, he has only been in America for 1 month. He is from Laos and he will only be here until January", so we were like yeah totally bring him to the baptism and we will meet him there. So they came to the baptism and we met him and the first thing he says to me was "wow, this is really weird having a white man speak hmong to me"..... haha, I just laughed. We got to know him more and he is 30 and has a wife and kids back in Laos and he is very educated. He knows hmong, Laotian, Thai, and now is working on English! He is an amazing person. I invited him to come to church to see the young man receive the Holy Ghost and he was so excited to come. He ended up coming to church and after church he was like, I have so many question! I want to learn more. I told him we would love to come and answer your questions. He told me the reason for coming to America was to learn more of the American culture and to go back and apply it. He wanted to learn more about Christianity.... he is already a christian but here are selected churches back in Laos, I then told him that the reason why he came was to meet us and to take the church and gospel back to Laos!!! So we are super excited to see what happens with him. I don't know yet because he will be leaving and I don't think the church is in Laos yet. But it was definitely a tender mercy of the Lord. 

I'm grateful for all your prayers and love that you have given me thus far and I wish the same for you all!

Love you so very much.
       Love 
             Elder Crandall


Lessons in the Park

Getting home after Church

No comments:

Post a Comment