Monday, January 21, 2013

Nyob zoo kuv tsev neeg!!

Nyob zoo kuv tsev neeg, (hello family)
Well this week has been very interesting and very great as well! This week we had Zone Conference and interviews with President Clements which is always great getting some one on one time to talk with him. 

Well First things first...I will start out with the exciting news. So this week as we had interviews I was talking with President Clements and we had a really great talk and stuff about the new missionaries coming in and he asked me this question. "How do you feel as a missionary?" I told him, "I'm doing great! I am here to do whatever God wants me to do President", and he responded saying:"okay good cause you will be training next transfer, so prepare to do that" I was like "oh man!!" I was scared at first but now I'm really excited to do it! I was the only one out of the Hmong Elders he told. In 8 days is transfers so we're all trying to predict transfers and now I know I'm at least training so that's nice but that's the exciting news!!! I will have my first son!!! (for all of you that know missionary term..ha)

As you probably all see on the news how cold it is up here!!!! We got a text from President yesterday saying to be careful because the temperature is supposed to be  -30 to -40 this week.  Yesterday it was -25 and it was so cold, you would spit on the ground and it would be frozen in like 3 seconds! So it was really interesting because I never knew what cold was like until now! ha ha. It's always a great experience though.

So this week was a little nerve racking as well! Our investigator who has a date set right now... we didn't teach him once this week. We stopped by his house and tried calling him but we could not get in contact with him. We were really worried about that and we went to church and asked our lead member friend if he had contact with him and he said he had talked to him and told us that Fong our investigator had got in a snowboarding accident and got knocked out and broke some ribs. We were a little bit happier that he had a good excuse for not being in contact with us, :) the cool thing was though that on Sunday we asked our lead member friend if he was willing to call Fong and see if he wanted to come to the fireside in which Keith Hamilton spoke. He came out from Utah and is a convert and also a good friend of Pres. Clements. Fong said he would because he felt bad he hadn't contacted us this whole week, and we were like its okay if your sore and don't feel like it.....  but he insisted on coming so he came he really enjoyed it and loved it! He is a great guy, full of love and he is really sincere. I'm so excited to keep teaching him.

We also had a really cool miracle this week as well. We have been teaching this young lady she is 18 and her dad is really really strict on letting her do things, so it's hard for her to get to church and come to activities but we decided to fast with her, us (missionaries) and some members, and so we fasted Saturday night to Sunday lunch and we fasted for God to open a way or path for her to come to church and to follow her desires. We ended the fast with a prayer all together on a conference call and right after we hung up she called us back and said that her sister was selling egg rolls and wanted to know if we wanted to buy some? We said "sure" and so we went over to her sisters house and we started talking and she asked us a few questions about missionaries because she is currently attending a different church and she was really interested in what we teach. We wanted to share a message with her then, but she was busy and so we have an appointment to teach our investigator and her older sister! We believe that this is the way that God has given to us to help her and her sister come unto him in the fullest. I was truly a miracle by fasting and prayer.

This zone conference President told us all we need to repent and become better missionaries and we talked allot about conversion as well, I know that daily repentance and mighty prayer to our God is what gains the trust of our Heavenly Father, and after we do that and endure the trials of our faith.... that is when the miracles will happen in our lives. 

This week has been great, I hope you all enjoy these stories.

I also got a email from a good friend K.J Hall he is a great kid and someone who I look up to as well, as he is someone who follows the Savior and is a great example for others! I'm so blessed to have a wonderful family and friends.  
I love you all and hope you all have a great week.

Love always,
                -Elder Crandall
           

No comments:

Post a Comment