Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Nyob zoo,
Well this week was a challenging week, but it also was a week where we have learned to endure our trials!!
It wasn't the best week.... we had about 10 lessons planned for 3 days and they all fell through!! It was really frustrating but has been a good experience to learn how to have more faith and endure.

A cool things we had this week was the branch Halloween Party. It was really good and allot of people came both non-members and members so it was a great opportunity for us missionaries too. We had a booth of our own and we had 2 litter bottles and went and bought some little pumpkins and played bowling with them it was fun. I think everyone like our booth the best.. :) there was always a constant line of kids there and we had fun with them.





I have really grown to love the people in this branch. The kids and adults...everyone! They're are the nicest people I have ever met in my life!! They come from a background of persecution and poverty over in Thailand and Laos and yet they are the most humble and giving people I know! They are so willing to help you out and would give you the clothes off their backs for you. That was a highlight of the week! we got to know the members better and had a great time.

This week in my spare time I have been reading some of the genealogy my mom sent me. Its been so much fun learning and looking at how they lived there lives.  Grandpa and Grandma Waite were some amazing people. I just wished I had the opportunity to meet them. I'm grateful to read about them though and learn more about them and ways that I can become better and have more faith like them. I can see the kind of people they are through Grandma Hunt and my mom also, my uncles and aunts they have touched many hearts and their examples have carried on through out the generations. My biggest desire is to meet them. I want to so bad but it takes patience and time and one day I WILL meet them! 
I thought it was funny how Grandma Waite said that Grandma Hunt wasn't the cutest baby, but I don't agree with that... cause how did I get all my good looks??? Maybe from my Grandpa Hunt....?? I don't know though ha ha!!

Well its been a long week but a great one! Its always great when your a servant of the Lord.

I love you all and hope you all have a beautiful week and keep working hard and doing your duties as members of this church, love you all.
Love 
Elder Crandall,
     

No comments:

Post a Comment